Job Title Sales Manager
Category Sales Managers
Sales Manager Responsibilities
A Sales Manager is responsible for Sales planning that involves strategy, setting profit-based sales targets, quotas, sales forecasting, demand management and the execution of a sales plan. sales plan is a strategic document that outlines the business targets, resources and sales activities. It typically follows the lead of the marketing plan, strategic planning and the business plan on how the objectives can be achieved through the actual sale of products and services.
A Sales Manager oversees a company’s sales force and sales efforts. The sales manager job description incorporates duties and skills of leadership, planner, evaluator and customer service. Within a company, a sales manager collaborates with other managers and departments to ensure the sales force focuses on target markets and customer needs.
Sales Manager are responsible for motivating and advising their reps to improve their performance, as well as hiring and training new sales representatives. Ensure that the sales department works cross functionally with executives from other departments. For example, they collaborate with marketing to generate new lead sources and expand the target customer base, or with product and research teams to make sure customer needs are met.
Sales Manager Job Description
• Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls.
• Meeting planned sales goals.
• Setting individual sales targets with the sales team.
• Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
• Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
• Coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
• The ongoing training of your salespeople.
• Developing your sales team through motivation, counselling and product knowledge education.
• Promoting the organization and products.
• Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
Sales Manager Qualifications
• Trained or educated as a sales manager or relevant field
• sales manager skills include
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies.
• Experience in customer relationship management.
• Experience managing and directing a sales team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Dedication to providing great customer service.
• Able to work in competitive environment and to meet deadlines
• Ability to lead a sale team.