Job Title Data Protection Attorney
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
ALLENDEVAUX & COMPANYISSEEKINGADATA PROTECTION / PRIVACY ATTORNEY TO JOIN ITSGROWING TEAM. The purpose of the role is to work with a distributed base of clientele as an objective legal advisor to identify and evaluate privacy compliance issues.The role will report directly to a senior partner at the firm.Due to the pandemic, the offices are closed at this time. LocationsMumbai or HyderabadEven though the opportunity involves teleworking, we are wanting to hire candidates in these areas so that personnel may work from an office.Compensation Package and RolePays an annual salary of 15 to 20 lakhs depending on qualifications. Paid-time-off(PTO) is four weeks and can be used national holidays, vacation, sick leave, etc. Opportunities to seek further study may be offered and may come with bonus payments on completion of certifications. The position is a fulltime role, meaning the candidate is responsible for local, state and national tax payments and filings.Job Responsibilities
- Design global data privacy strategies and lead efforts to comply with relevant privacy and data protection laws in various jurisdictions, especially the European Union.
- Update global data protection policies to reflect recent changes in data protection laws.
- Work closely with a range of stakeholders on technology and data innovations to help ensure good data handling practices, security by design and default, and privacy by design and default.
- Conduct data privacy impact assessments when relevant.
- Provide legal expertise on interpretation and application of data protection law.
- Design and implement strategies to enable intra-company and cross-border data transfers, understanding case law such as Schrems II decisions.
- Understanding of data privacy issues relating to data storage and IT infrastructure.
- Draft, review, and implement company-wide privacy related policies, procedures and controls; adjust policies and procedures to reflect latest developments in privacy globally.
- Scope and perform periodic data privacy risk assessments including DPIAs, mitigation and remediation, including data control design and monitoring, as well as the mitigation of privacy and security risks.
- Strategically advise on the development of new services or enhancements to existing services to ensure privacy by design and privacy by default principles.
- Provide support and guidance to investigations and security teams to enable compliance with privacy laws when transferring or analysing data.
- Provide privacy and data protection issue spotting and advice for ethics hotline reports.
- Support contract negotiation and drafting for complex privacy and data protection issues.
- Design training courses for privacy and data protection, including annual company-wide Privacy and Data Protection training.
- Provide support to M&A team for privacy and data protection topics. Work with management, functional leaders and business leaders to formalize, implement and maintain privacy compliance policies and procedures and to ensure compliance training is completed.
- Coordinate with internal audit to conduct periodic assessments of the effectiveness and performance of companys privacy compliance program.
- Perform contract negotiation with suppliers and customers.
- Assist customers in reviewing their contracts, especially data protection provisions in relation to data protection laws.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape of changing regulations, and advise when new laws and practice change that are relevant to the business and its customers. This may include sending out email updates about relevant changes.
- Attention to detail and consistent high standard of work.
- Comfortable with ambiguities that need problem-solving.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload with a flexible approach to ensure deadlines are met.
- Substantially well-developed written and oral communication skills in English, with the ability to use footnotes, bibliographic references, documentation styles and mature layout.
- Enthusiasm for technology; the ability to understand, explain and advise on technical processes using business-friendly language.
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively and to manage and prioritize a busy workload.
- Self-motivated and the ability to manage new and varied challenges.
- Juris Doctorate; Advanced degree(PhD)is also desirable.
- 5 years professional experience in a role involving privacy compliance.
- CIPP/E, CIPM, CISM, CISA certifications