Job Title GTRF Customer Surveillance
Business: FCR Operations- Transaction Monitoring
Open positions: 1
Role Title: GTRF Customer Surveillance Senior Analyst
Location (Country / City): Bangalore
Recruiter Name: Nisha Sharma
Why join us?
Global Service Centers
Our Global Service Centers are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centers and digital platforms.
Employees in the Global Service Centers also run and manage operations for commercial bank customers. This includes processing credit applications, facilitating payments and managing the import and export transactions that enable customers to protect and grow their businesses through international trade.
The GTRF Customer Surveillance Senior Analyst role is a risk analytical role supporting Global Trade & Receivables Finance (GTRF) in post transaction monitoring activities which comes under FCR Operations. The role is a hybrid of both Individual Contributor and leadership responsibilities. The senior analyst will monitor the activity of GTRF customers for identifying or detecting unusual or anomalous behavior related to AML and Fraud. The primary responsibility of the Senior Analyst will be to review alerts generated by GTRF Customer Surveillance / Quantexa and determine whether the activity relating to the customer account is anomalous, thereby warranting escalation for further investigation. The core responsibilities of the Senior Analyst will also include training, mentoring, coaching other team members including Analysts, performing initial quality checks over the output of analysts and supporting the Team Lead in managing the team.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for their own pipeline of alerts for review. In addition, they will work closely with Analysts to provide training, mentoring and an initial quality check before the work output proceeds to the Quality Control stage. Given the relative seniority of the Senior Analysts, it is expected that their core alert pipeline could consist of alerts that are considered of relatively higher risk / priority.
Once the review of an alert is complete, Senior Analysts must document their findings and close the event if found non-anomalous or escalate the case if found anomalous along with their rationale to Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM). The Senior Analyst will be required to consider all aspects of financial crime risk and coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders towards the timely execution of all involved work streams necessary for reaching this conclusion.
The role requires strong trade knowledge and excellent communication skills for interaction with GTRF Business Financial Crime Risk (GTRF BFCR), Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM), Transaction Monitoring (TM) and relevant Line of Business Relationship Managers (RMs) / teams. The role also requires managerial and leadership soft skills to motivate and train more junior analyst staff, help improve the quality of their output and to help the Team Lead manage the team.
What you’ll do:
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
- Review and analyze cases triggered by GSNA system for GTRF customers using available Bank systems, reliable information available over the public domain and other available intelligence databases to assess commercial viability and / or genuineness
- Perform detailed analysis of the customer relationship and validate the event / scenario triggered to identify any anomalies/risk indicators related to Money Laundering and Fraud.
- Write investigative narratives of adequate quality and ensuring that conclusions are supported with clear rationale and evidence.
- Immediately escalate any anomalies / risk indicators which cannot be discounted to FCTM Team. Provide detailed rational, with evidences.
- Work independently to complete assigned tasks within the established process SLAs while ensuring that productivity and quality levels are achieved as per the standards agreed for the process
- Conduct quality check on the work of junior Analysts prior to final work output proceeding to the Quality Control stage.
- All data requirements (timesheets and ad hoc process information) are accurately updated in a timely manner
- Issues / problems are effectively investigated and resolved or are appropriately referred with recommendations to the Line Manager.
- Support Team Leader in management of the team with respect to MI, staff management, etc.
Customers (External/ Internal)
- Liaising, where necessary, with other internal stakeholders such as GTRF BFCR, relevant Line of Business Relationship Managers (RMs) in accordance with the procedure requirements
- Demonstrate current knowledge of GTRF products, systems, policies and procedures as well as FCC policies and procedures so that daily processes are continually implemented in a defect free environment
- Issues / problems in the effective management of daily processes are sufficiently investigated, escalated and duly resolved
- Provide accurate and valid referrals to FCTM
Leadership & Team work
- Maintain and develop a positive and professional working relationship with FCTM, TM and GTRF BFCR
- Prompt escalation of critical financial crime and reputational risk matters to FCTM, TM and GTRF BFCR
- Preparing process related MI and assist Manager on the ad hoc requests received from Management/onshore team
- The role holder needs to share case experiences within the team so as to provide a better insight to the other investigators for arriving at an informed decision
- Conduct proactive training and coaching of Analysts to ensure adequacy of skill sets; provide mentoring and SME guidance to Analysts.
- Support all training initiatives across the team
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all events / cases are actioned within the stipulated SLA
- Assist in implementing changes in procedures and process re-engineering with the purpose of enhancement in productivity or reduction in TAT
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements
- To continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.