Job Title Human Resources
Category Human Resources Managers
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Job Title: Head-HR Shared Services
Purpose of job:
This is a leadership role in the Human Resource Shared Services accountable for delivering high quality, customer centric HR service across the globe, working across support Tier 1-3, HR COEs, HR regional Hubs, GIS, SAP and other levels of HR operating model.
The role holder will be accountable for driving various improvements and business strategies and working with HR leadership team, this role will define the vision and strategy to deliver HR service against agreed success criteria. The role will work closely with HR leadership team and Regional HR directors to govern the service and with SBU /Regional leadership to continuously improve the service.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
The role holder will be accountable for setting up goals and monitoring them closely to meet the business needs and provide strategic direction to the team.
He/ She needs to provide leadership to Managers/ Sr. Managers in the business and align it with the organisational goal and directives.
The role has following key objectives:
HR Service Delivery, Reporting and Governance:
Ensure that HR service works as per defined KPIs across all levels and able to deliver end to end customer centric service to employees.
- Set and monitor the deliverables of AskHR , HR Ops, PAS & Recruitment teams - Setting up goals and monitoring progress against them at a service delivery level.
- The role has a matrix relationship with other levels of HR operating model to govern the delivery.
- Reporting of KPI’s at HR and SSC leadership level.
- Dealing with Strategic and tactical level decisions for the Service Delivery.
- Establish and maintain high standards of integrity and data security
- Ensure services complies with or exceed standards specified in contracts, pre-defined SLAs and ISO 27001/ ISO 22301.
- Manage escalation points/helpdesk for the end customer to escalate issues.
- Business Continuity Plans are effective and tested periodically to ensure that service delivery doesn’t gets impacted.
- Work closely with HRLT, Regional HR leadership and HR COE heads to set the right expectations and deliver against the expectations.
- Have regular engagement with Regional HRDs, Service Delivery Leader, Director Shared Services and Director HR Operations to continuously improve the service.
- Work with technology partners (GIS & SAP) to provide consistent and improving technical delivery.
- Manage all leadership level escalations.
- Plan proactive communication against any disruption or update about the service.
- Continuously support and develop manager and employee self-reliance, and work with Corporate HR teams through continuous improvement mechanisms to automate and optimize T1 processes, upskilling capacity to handle T2.
- Develop self-service capability to decrease manual handling and improve customer experience.
- Implementation of automation techniques, to ensure that HC’s can be optimized for the financial benefit.
- Develop proposals to address and track improvements to processes and services.
- Optimize and streamline service by using data from various sources to inform approach and priority.
- Seek out more and new services which can be managed by HRSS in Noida.
- Design and implement mechanisms for capturing customer satisfaction and to feed into improvement.
- Identify new KPIs to ensure continuous improvement of service and data quality.
Data, Compliance and Service Evolution
- Increase data quality and process compliance year on year, expanding the scope and capacity of services processed as
- Identify key priorities and make relevant improvements to ensure operational excellence and legislative compliance
- Define, create and measure end to end business efficiency and performance
- Identify and deliver service improvement activity across the function through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Take pride in the fundamentals of governance and service management in creating a world class delivery centre.
- Implement best practices from the industry.
- Attract and retain resources through continuous development opportunity for individuals and teams in meeting these objectives through high levels of engagement and stretch goals. This will be evidenced in stability and capability of resource, as well as formal and informal employee engagement feedback.
- Manage and conduct where necessary the recruitment, training, standardization and performance evaluation of executives/ team leaders/ Assistant Managers/ managers.
- Embed employee engagement and drive initiatives to manage attrition effectively and ensure it is at par with the Industry.
- Build and lead an engaged and high-performing team by holding yourself accountable and others responsible for setting high work standards .
- Effectively design and implement a cost saving model to ensure that the monthly/ annual numbers are in alignment with the organisational direction.
- Monthly forecasting in line with the agreed budget.
- Innovative ways to curb spends and contribute to the organisation.
- Industry leading practices for cost reduction without compromising on the business delivery.
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for more than just a good operator. Of course, we need someone who we can rely on to ensure HR service delivery across the globe is compliant and friction-free, but what sets you apart is that you can manage issues appropriately and collaboratively through smooth and smart navigation of a politically sensitive and matrixed organization, and you have the confidence and poise to challenge the thinking of your peers and your seniors not because you are right but because you want to make things better.
Key relationships: (include internal and external)
- Service Delivery Leader - SSC
- Managing Director – SSC
- Corporate HR team
- Regional HR Teams
- HR Operations Management team in the UK
- UK/Regional Centre of Expertise colleagues
- Suppliers, IT team and process documentation team
Role specific knowledge and experience
- 16 -18 years or above experience in KPO/ BPO industry with at least 5-7 years of HR Shared Services experience.
- Should be currently involved in HR Shared Services at a senior level.
- Should have experience of managing different verticals in HR Shared Services (PAS, Recruitment, HR helpdesk & operations).
- Understands budget management and controls in relation to financials.
- Should have an experience of managing a highly secured service.
- At least 1-2 transitions managed
- At least managed a size of 50+ staff
- Mentored & delivered Service Improvement projects.
- Knowledge of using SuccessFactor.
- Understanding of quality control principles and implementation techniques.
- Good knowledge of Human Resources processes and procedures / policies
- Understands compliances related to HR processes
- Able to articulate change, process improvement to HR team members and business customers
- Expert in Excel with good IT skills, including Visio and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience in creating and reviewing HR related procedures /templates/processes
- Understands change management and practices
- Project management (Prince 2/PMP certified)
- Fair understanding of ISO standards (9001, 27001
- Understanding of Cloud for Customer (C4C).
Role specific skills (if any)
- Able to simultaneously manage tasks for multiple processes
- Be proficient in creating and documenting procedures.
- Be proficient in conducting audits
- Be proficient in managing customer escalations and preparing corrective actions.
- Be proficient in managing internal and external audits.
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Be Versatile. A big part of the BPS function is the willingness to help one another even though it may fall outside of the job description
- Motivated self-starter who must be eager to learn and develop as the role expands
- Understanding of HR related ticketing tools and applications
Masters or equivalent (MBA)
Pay Band – 8
Contract Type – Indefinite
Department/Country- HRSS/ India - Noida
Closing Date (Time) – 15 Oct 21 (IST -23:59)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.