Hyderabad, Telanganaand 1 more locations
- Published : 2022-04-28
Job Title Management & Operations
Category General and Operations Managers
Strategic Business Change Senior Manager- VP GSC's
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Strategic Business Change Senior Manager. The purpose of this role is to help in shaping and executing against Wholesale Banking’s global strategic change agenda. Strategic Business Change Managers would support the Strategic Business Change Senior Managers in collaborating with the Business on the need & nature of change to leverage the opportunities and manage the challenges in the industry.
The role holders would be expected to work with Strategic Business Change Senior Managers or work independently on smaller projects in driving the business towards well-reasoned decisions in matters of strategic, organisational, operational and technological investment. Where required they would work with the Global Functions & external vendors to help shape, deliver & embed sustainable change successfully i.e. ‘landing’ strategy within the business through unified execution capability.
Strategic Business Change Senior Manager- VP acts as Wholesale Banking’s change leader, supporting the implementation of the Wholesale Banking and Group strategy and is committed to making change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for HSBC. The Strategic Business Change Senior Manager will need to lead the shaping, execution & embedding of change across the business – thus delivering a unified change experience to Wholesale Baking. They are expected to have knowledge of Group strategy and the challenges or risks the Group faces.
This requires the Strategic Business Change Senior Manager to operate in the following way:
- Work independently and have the gravitas and acumen to work with business at the Senior Management level. They should be confident to challenge the business, where appropriate.
- Be self-motivated and driven but able to manage and work in a team whenever required. He / she will not be subject to close supervision.
- Be easily accessible and available to support global business sponsor needs, ensuring they are reactive to Wholesale Banking needs. Typically, he / she should have high energy and sense of urgency with the ability to learn quickly and assimilate information.
- Work closely with and get support from global businesses and global functions to shape & deliver the change. He / she should be able to ‘connect the dots’ between businesses, regions, priority markets and countries for the business sponsor.
- Be able to cope and bring structure to ambiguous situations and problems. He / she will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work. Ideally, the role holder should have the ability to move between modes of thinking (e.g. strategic to analytical; board to drilldown).
What you’ll do:
1] Value Creation
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders and business partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes. Foster open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Work with stakeholders across Wholesale Banking and other key stakeholders (Compliance, Audit, Finance, HR etc.) to constantly challenge ‘perceived wisdom’
- Support the development of solutions/TOM/Business model and to support the recommendation and achievement of buy-in for the recommended solution/business model and its implementation approach.
- Analyse current state legacy solutions/operating models against target model to identify gaps and opportunities to support an effective transition towards the target state
- To help manage the change & its execution and to support monetisation of benefits.
- Provide direction to Change Analysts to collectively shape & deliver the change effectively
- Influence and obtain buy-in from relevant stakeholders for programme plans, commitments, changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, scope, risk mitigation and contingency plans
2] Operational Performance
- Share responsibility for the delivery of highly complex and business critical change effort in accordance with existing industry best practices and methodologies, in the process establishing credibility for the Strategic Business Change team
- Proactively monitor areas of concern and risks within the project and provide recommendations to mitigate them to ensure SLAs of delivery are met
- Promote adherence to project/programme governance model and use defined standards and tools for processes such as risk logs, change control and resource requests
- Act as a Line Manager to Change Analysts engaged in the programme (if required)
- Drive a culture of high performance, achievement and ensure pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success.
- Demonstrate financial acumen to support the development of a global business case, including investments, detailed benefits and link to overall finances of the business.
- Ensure adherence to frameworks and methodologies driving a common high performance approach and an Agile approach to change is fully embedded within key change programmes
- Ensure governance processes and decisions are applied consistently
- Manage, measure, and track change impacts as a result of the project/work-stream
3] Capability and People Development
- Build collaboration between change teams, the Wholesale Banking, Operations and IT, sharing good change ideas and ensuring change work is recognised across Wholesale Banking
- Act as a role model to foster a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages professionalism and development.
- Promote a positive work culture within change team based on respect for people, integrity of actions, creativity and collaboration leading to increased productivity
- Drive a performance management based culture to manage and improve performance, including effective management of underperformers and contributing to calibration processes.
- Continuously support capability build of the Strategic Business Change Consulting Practice i.e. through sponsoring and advocating community events, sharing relevant articles / studies / ideas, ensuring regular development and sharing of Global Transformation consulting case studies etc.
- Promote the value of challenging the status quo, seeking to improve ways of working and having a forward-thinking mind-set, in line with the Group’s values and strategy
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Understanding of Innovation within the industry & experience working with Fintech companies to solve business problems
- Strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Good understanding of HSBC Group structures, values, behaviours, processes and objectives
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the Wholesale Banking business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Good knowledge of Wholesale bank’s business model – i.e. the customer proposition, the channels and operations, and the key financial performance drivers
- Outstanding knowledge of business change – functionally, operationally and financially
- Strong financial and commercial acumen and the ability to understand and contribute to business cases. Includes ability to understand complex business problems and apply a strong commercial sense
- Proven experience of successfully shaping & executing against a global business strategic change agenda
- Experience of management and control of multiple complex global programmes / business transformation which have ambitious goals and high change requirements
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Management across the group
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigor
- Some experience of operating iterative delivery techniques at scale
- Successful experience in developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective team
- Experience of developing and understanding Target Business and Operating Models and transformation business case (bottom-up & to-down)
- Innovation and Idea Management
- Business Analysis & Design
- Change and Implementation Management
- Project Management & Commerciality
- Relationship management and influencing skills
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to visualise and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex business change initiatives
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities
4] Qualifications and Accreditations
- Master’s degree (e.g. MBA) in related field or commensurate practical experience
- Good working knowledge of functional area in an operational or consulting capacity
What additional skills will be good to have?
The role holder will be part of a Business change team that shapes, delivers & embeds complex business change to Wholesale Banking. They will be required to help in engaging, working and monitoring of the performance of strategic partners to deliver change.
- Industry recognized technical certifications i.e. SAFe, PMP, CBAP, Master Black Belt – Six Sigma (Optional), TOGAF (Optional)
- Industry recognized Wholesale Banking & Risk domain certification (APTFFE, FRM etc.)
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***
You must create an Indeed account before continuing to the company website to apply
HSBC would be a real alphabet soup if the company's name reflected its geographic diversity. One of the world's largest banking groups by...