Job Title Management & Operations
Category General and Operations Managers
Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
The IFS IT Sydney Department supports all ANZ business areas through the cost-effective identification, prioritization, design, development and implementation of technology-based change, promoting standard architectures and services.
The IT team work closely with internal stakeholders including business stakeholders and other teams within IT (Service Delivery, Solutions Architecture team, Technical Architecture team, Environment Management team and Project Management Office).
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- The role of the Business Analyst sits within the IT Portfolio Delivery teams, which are part of the Information Technology & Change division of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S). The Business Analyst’s primary objective is helping the business implement technology solution in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
- The team works within a matrix structure, delivering into projects that are managed across all platforms. They communicate with internal and external stakeholders (including business stakeholders in operations, product and coverage, BNP Paribas Territory IT who manage networks and infrastructure, Paris and London branches for global projects, standards, vendors, consultants, suppliers and occasionally BP2S clients).
- Business Requirements
- Engage stakeholders to establish a common understanding of the business needs
- Identify and correctly translate business needs into business requirements, not solution requirements
- Clarify and elicit business requirements, proactively identifying additional requirements not explicitly provided, obtaining missing information and resolving conflicting information among the needs and requirements
- Prioritize requirements into Critical, High, Medium and Low
- Ensure system requirements are consistent with the business requirements. Where possible relate deliverables and their acceptance criteria to the requirements
- Validate business requirements with stakeholders to ensure they are based on an understanding of the stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interfaces
- Organisational & Business Process Design
- Gain a firm understanding of the impacts of the solution on People, Process and Technology.
- Engage stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of (and commitment to) all aspects of the project including objectives, scope, risks, benefits and any element they may be providing Gather all the necessary inputs and review to fully understand the requirements, specifications, applicable standards etc.
- Document the current (as-is) business process design if this does not already exist
- Document the to-be business process design
- UAT Plan, Cases & Completion Report
- Contribute to the UAT Plan
- Assist the business and the test team in the production of UAT cases
- Contribute to the UAT completion report
- Business Readiness Activities
- Document the new business procedures or changes to existing business procedures as a result of the project implementation. The following documents also to be updated to reflect a change in procedures, , User Guides & Training Material
- Contribute to the update of Risk and Control Matrices, Service Level Agreements and Business Continuity Instructions.
- Business Benefits Assessment
- Ability to contribute to the Business Benefits Assessment
- Actively work to improve the standards and processes of the Business Analyst role
- Appropriately apply the development and project management methodology and where necessary work with the PMO team to improve the methodology
- Providing realistic estimates and delivering within these estimates (timeframe and budget). The Business Analyst must be responsible and accountable for their estimations.
- Complying with audit and security requirements
- Adapting priorities to meet changing business priorities
- Quality Management:
- Ensure agreed tool is used for change requests, support and incident tracking
- Quality centre to be used for all major projects and critical applications
- Ensure all project deliverables adhere to the project methodology.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 5 - 8 years of Business Analyst Experience
- Experience in an Information Technology & Change capacity in the Financial Services Industry
- Significant experience & understanding of Capital Markets, and knowledge on Fund Accounting and unit pricing.
- Sound business and systems analysis experience in complex financial environments
- Ability to pick up new concepts and processes quickly
- Experience in custody or back-office administration for the funds management industry
- Accountable: Want someone who is accountable for their actions. The Business analyst must be accountable for their estimates and for tracking their actions against the relevant plans as well as outlining issues as they arise
- Attention to detail: Ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
- Problem solving: gathers and analyses information and uses it to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations
- Client Focus: Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to internal and external clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
- Communication: Write, speak and present information effectively, relevantly and in a timely fashion
- Negotiation & conflict resolution: Negotiates or mediates sound agreements in situations where there is disagreement or differences in interests
- Innovation: Develop and implement original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems
- Collaboration and teamwork: Develops and maintains a good working relationship with others. Provide support to other team members and seeks the same from others.
- Strategic thinking: Understands the business, and anticipates business needs, reflecting this in the approach to current solutions
- Pro Active: Must be someone who can see a need and be willing to assist in meeting that need even if it falls outside the word specific area of their job description. Want a team player who realizes the importance of delivering the business solution and is willing to assist with this
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Degree qualified in IT, Business, or related discipline; and / or relevant work experience in a similar role.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)