Job Title Finance
Category Financial Specialists, All Other
As a member of the Project /Pearl the Manager, Finance Transformation will work closely with the Project Lead, other project team members, hotel – and above property associates, HQ Business Process Governance, Financial Application Business Support (FABS) associates and Birchstreet Team members to continue implementation of Finance & Accounting Efficiency and Compliance Initiatives identified, such as PeopleSoft, Birchstreet, FIAT and others identified either Asia Pacific wide or country specific as the case may be. Effort will include working with business and technical team members to analyze requirements, developing appropriate configuration designs, test environments, developing change management – and implementation journey, participate in providing training, monitor adoption and provide ongoing support.
Areas of responsibility will include, but will not be limited to the following:
· FIAT Implementation
· PeopleSoft Implementation and clean data efforts
· Birchstreet Implementation and related initiatives
· Reconciliation Tools identified for credit card, bank, Bonvoy Redemptions and other account reconciliations
This position will also provide overall application expertise and assist with general business and process design, system testing and change management support to include training, deployment and post production activities.
Project Pearl (Finance Transformation) is focused on retiring financial applications and transitioning all managed hotels and entity accounting to Marriott’s global standard PeopleSoft financial applications. Project Pearl will be focusing on completing PeopleSoft conversions in the next 12 – 18 months encompassing the remaining approximately 100 managed hotels. As well as deploying other tools and initiatives such as FIAT, A&L Reconciliations, establish Birchstreet Market and Cluster Environments and other reconciliation tools to streamline Finance & Accounting activities.
Education and Experience
· Five+ years’ financial accounting and reporting experience.
· Experience in the lodging industry, specifically within Marriott or Starwood AP Hotel Finance team strongly preferred.
· Functional application development and support experience also a benefit.
· Prior experience supporting large-scale system implementation projects preferred.
· Experience in relationship management with other key stakeholders.
Education or Certification
· University degree required; Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Systems related discipline preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
· Broad knowledge of Marriott or Starwood hotel accounting and finance processes and systems, especially Opera PMS and PeopleSoft
· Specific knowledge and understanding of Marriott’s PeopleSoft General Ledger and EPM applications.
· Knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles and controls including the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI).
· Understands, embraces and manages project planning and execution methodology, including the associated tools, work plan schedules, issue resolution tracking and status review updates.
· Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision; applies past experiences to identify alternative solutions for current problems, able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
· Operates with a collaborative mindset to ensure that key stakeholders are considered, builds relationships to leverage information and insights; communicates well with stakeholders; openly shares and does not withhold information.
· Strong interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships, both internally and externally with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust.
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
· Analytical and logical thinking skills are paramount.
· Ability to identify, clarify and resolve issues and risks related to project design, build and test activities, escalating them as needed.
· Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner.
· Innovative thinker and agile learner; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions to MI challenges and/or create something entirely new.
· Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
· Good decision making skills – able to recognize and research a problem and to identify its component parts, causes and cost impact.
· Flexible and supportive - able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
· Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
· Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality and compliance with established project standards.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
· Fluency in English required, fluency in other Asian languages preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel across all in scope Asian countries..· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint applications