Job Title Finance
Category Financial Specialists, All Other
Associate Director - Business Finance - #42108
Share this Job
Posted 30 days ago
Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
Job Description :
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the team
About the role
Develop clear understanding of key business drivers, analyse key financial metrics, provide value add analysis, support to sales / finance management.
Partner with finance / business management teams, identify and track appropriate performance measures, key performance indicators and associated drivers.
Influence and drive business decision / action with appropriate analysis and comments.
Proactive in reviewing financial information, identifying exceptions / inconsistencies, initiating action and follow-up for logical closure.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in revenue forecast calls and highlight risk /opportunities with appropriate analysis.
- Ownership of expenses forecast for the business group by using trend analysis / KPI reviews for better P&L management.
- Provide daily updates / flash to finance and sales management on the close progress.
- Lead revenue close process deal tracking, collaborate with upstream and downstream process team for resolutions.
- Participate in monthly close calls with the controller’s organization for P&L Review.
- Prepare financial information & analysis for business reviews / presentations with key highlights.
What you’ll need:
- Handle complex adhoc request with a short turnaround time and supplement such request with appropriate analysis and comments to support decision making.
- Support finance / business leader in simulation of revenue projections and corresponding expenses working including working out margin protection / improvement plans.
- Develop Budget modeling by establishing KPIs / Run rates.
- Participate in budget discussion and support scenario building / simulation modeling.
- Preparation of budget pack / presentation with appropriate budget comments to support budget reviews including submission for divisional / corporate consolidation.
- Tracking of sales performance against set targets and provide periodical updates to business.
- Lead / Participate / Drive standardization & automation projects for process efficiency.
Ability to understand risk & its mitigation measures is required
Open Positions :
Skills Required :
Experience in working with multiple stakeholders and ensuring that the business is steered in intended direction , Strong understanding of business drivers , Strong communication and articulation skills, Ability to handle complex transactions from a technical standpoint is desirable, Ability to understand risk & its mitigation measures is required ,Consumer Credit & Insurance products exposure is desirable