Job Title IT / Computing / Software
SQL Server Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Developer with experience in programming, design and integration of data warehouse and data distribution platforms. Needs to have a solid grasp of the key concepts in a data warehouse.
- Strong experience in writing queries and stored procedures in SQL Server.
- Strong experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Strong in developing and supporting batch based systems. Candidate should have hands on experience in data profiling and debugging.
- Should be familiar with high standard of TSQL coding for the stored procedures, functions etc
- Experience on performance tuning techniques and tools
- Working with the development team to create physical database schemas. Optimising database design for optimal performance. Advising on best practice for developers interacting with the database. Developing and testing SQL and stored procedures
- Manage development issues, attend project meeting, undertake Peer reviews.
What will you be doing
- Taking business and functional requirements and translating them into technical and functional designs. Producing and maintaining application code.
- Unit and integration testing of code, and providing support to testing cycles ensuring that defects are resolved. All project deliverables must be produced in accordance with governance practices and utilizing QA procedures.
- Candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the core database development platform with a particular focus on performance tuning.
- The right candidate will have the ability to translate data requirements into high quality database schemas.
- Strong team player
What we're looking for:
- Strong TSQL development skills, unit testing
- Proven SQL Server 2016 performance tuning skills.
- Proven ability to work under own intiative
- Good working knowledge of Bit bucket and Gitflow methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Jenkins
- Good working knowledge of Nexus
Skills that will help you in the role:
- AWS technologies
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. 'Be More @ Barclays' represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
SQL Server Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the w
Skills: Sql Server Developer
Experience: 0.00-50.00 Years