Job Title Senior Tech Lead
Senior Tech Lead - Power ElectronicsLocation Pune - Maharashtra, India
Pacesetting. Passionate. Together. HELLA, one of the leading automotive suppliers worldwide, has shaped the industry with innovative lighting systems and vehicle electronics. In addition, the company is one of the most important partners of the aftermarket and independent workshops. What motivates us: Shaping the mobility of tomorrow and fostering the central market trends such as autonomous driving, efficiency and electrification, connectivity and digitization as well as individualization. Every day, 36,000 employees worldwide are committed to this with passion, know-how and innovative strength.
A. Planning hardware developments as part of product development
- Clarifying and defining the requirements for product-related hardware with the customer in the form of defined project descriptions; analyzing and planning the hardware development outlay.
- Coordinating and tracking targets for hardware development with the project manager with regard to quality, costs, and schedules, in coordination with the superior as per existing procedures and methods
- Defining, planning, coordinating, and monitoring hardware development tasks within a development project according to defined methods and systems (inc. PEP), in consultation with the superior if necessary; coordinating interfaces and ensuring integration in the complete system.
- Planning and integrating internal and, if necessary, external sub-suppliers, taking economic, qualitative, and scheduling aspects into account in consultation with the superior.
- Assisting with and implementing specified escalation scenarios when there are deviations from hardware development targets, highlighting existing alternative solutions.
- Ensuring that defined technical standards are complied with as part of hardware development, coordinating the use of new hardware development concepts, technological alternatives, and materials with the service areas.1.\tCreating the hardware performance specification; analyzing and executing modifications in the HW performance specification
- Creating the hardware performance specification; analyzing and executing modifications in the HW performance specification
- Creating module specifications in consideration of quality, logistics, and production requirements.
- Developing hardware modules in consideration of existing development standards and guidelines; ensuring ongoing discussions with the parties involved to ensure that these modules can be integrated into a complete system.
- Arranging detailing work for components and modules
- Analyzing, adapting, and optimizing existing hardware modules in accordance with technical, economic, legal, or customer-specific requirements.
- Defining materials and components in consideration of economic, qualitative, and technological aspects in collaboration with the project team.
- Developing, preparing, and simulating electronic circuits in consultation with the responsible parties; creating circuit diagrams.
- Arranging or preparing the necessary test specifications; arranging tests at the responsible parties; assisting with preparing test regulations for new products.
- Carrying out defined reviews for hardware development throughout the entire hardware development process and releasing them in accordance with existing guidelines.
- Assisting with processing customers’ complaints about series devices and manufacturing difficulties in consultation with the responsible parties, such as quality assurance, assembly, laboratory, etc.
- Assisting with checking the possibility of applying for intellectual property rights for our work and possible violations of existing intellectual property rights for other people’s work, and, if necessary, involving our patent department, in consultation with superiors.
- Arranging and/or preparing documentation (including bills of material, circuit diagrams, simulations, FMEAs).
- Technical leadership
1. Technical leadership of employees in terms of responsibility.
2. Guiding, instructing, and supporting employees in function-related tasks.
3. Assisting with hiring and performance assessments, as well as with qualification demands
- Performing other tasks related to this position
(including assessing suggestions for improvement and complying with the required industrial safety and environmental protection measures relevant to the area of work).
- BE /B. Tech/ M.E/ M. Tech in Electronics/Electronics & Communication/Industrial Electronics
- English, both written and spoken. [German Language Preferred]
- 7 years of experience in Automotive Product development Industry, Alternately > 8 years of experience from Industrial Power Electronics Industry
- Power Electronics Expert- hands on experience in DC-DC / AC-DC converter topologies, Motor controller design
- Hands-on experience in Magnetics Design
- Hands-on experience in innovative strategies for thermal management
- Hands-on experience in High Voltage Design and Isolation Management
- Innovative Switching Topologies such as use of wide bandgap devices- GanFET, SicFET and Control strategy building within microcontroller / DSP.
- Hands-on experience in products such as On Board Charger, DC-DC converter, High Wattage Motor Controller for BLDC and AC Induction Motors
- Stability Control techniques in Switching Designs
- Working experience with Cross-Functional domain such as Software developer, Mechanical Designer
- Cross domain skillset such as modelling, simulation, software development will be added advantage.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing reference number req1685.
HELLA India Automotive Pvt Ltd.