Job Title IT Software - eCommerce, Internet Technologies
Salary 1,600,000 INR
The Central Platform team runs Flipkart s Cloud infrastructure and platform. There are purpose built data centers for Flipkart, network, network fabric, compute and homegrown cloud orchestration. Sr. Engineering Managers (SEMs) lead engineers across levels of diverse groups of people who are moving towards realizing Flipkart s vision. They set the direction and the long term vision for the team, partner with the product engineering team and other stakeholders to realize their vision. The teams work on a spectrum of products and platforms which power Flipkart s Infrastructure Cloud. They lead the way for the teams to evangelize various ideas, provide technical leadership, and facilitate platformization of the systems across the ecosystem. SEMs partner with product teams on key platform metrics in their areas, lead the way for innovative solutions to complex and challenging domain problems and drive agility in execution by leading by example. They build a team culture, drive accountability and responsiveness, provide mentorship and career development for the team, and are inspirations for adopting agile methodologies by removing impediments along the way with the big picture in mind.
What you'll do:
- Build, lead, develop and provide hands-on leadership for top-notch engineers and Engineering Managers (EMs)
- Create clear career paths for team members to help them grow with regular and deep mentoring, attract and retain top talent keeping long term goals in mind
- Drive strategy and vision across teams in a rapidly evolving environment
- Work closely with diverse stakeholders and enable them by providing scalable and quality technology solutions.
- Facilitate platforms solutions that span beyond the team and across the ecosystem
- Take accountability for moving the key engineering metrics within your area and Provide thought partnership to the product team and ensure collaboration among product, engineering, and business operation teams.
- Drive agility in execution, create a strong team culture of responsiveness by leading by example and own decision making around prioritization for better predictability
What you ll need:
- B.E or B.Tech or any other similar qualification with at least 12 years of experience in building cutting edge products with 4 years in managing 2-3 small teams
- Good understanding of OS, Virtualization, Containers, Storage and Compute Hardware technology
- Proven track record of delivering products with high quality, familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools
- Strong partnership with product and business teams that demonstrates effective collaboration and communication across multiple stakeholders