Job Title Media / Dotcom / Entertainment
Editorialist YX melds personal styling, editorial content, and shopping into one seamless digital experience powered by proprietary technology and e-commerce tools.
Editorialist.com, our media property, delivers sophisticated content and commerce to aspirational and affluent consumers. Our stories connect readers with bespoke product and service solutions for fashion, accessories, beauty, and wellness needs. The cornerstone of our tech platform the YX app blends content, digital services, and e-commerce for our elite clientele, individuals with an average net worth in excess of $550 million. Our co-founder and CEO Rafael Ortiz previously co-founded NexTag, the largest comparison shopping site for products and services, and was responsible for marketing and business development until its sale for $1.2 billion.
MBA Strategy Intern
We re looking for an MBA Strategy Intern to work closely with the CEO and members of the Leadership team on two key strategic projects:
1. Product management ownership for the company s next-generation email newsletter and growth strategy
2. Preparation and coordination of the company s upcoming fundraising
The role balances the real execution of initiatives that are of immediate value to the company with a longer-term perspective on its growth strategy and trajectory. With our decentralized team, you ll have an opportunity to work with colleagues in the U.S., Europe, and South Asia.
The ideal candidate has an interest in the luxury goods category and some experience with finance, eCommerce, strategy and research.
- Take product strategy ownership for the company s next generation email newsletter
- Benchmark best practices growth hacks
- Create and manage financial models, study for due diligence and contribute to investor deck
- Perform Industry analysis and market sizing in support of expansion strategy
- Each summer Editorialist YX selects one top caliber MBA to work on important initiatives that span technology product management to corporate strategy. We take internships very seriously and design them to be a source of professional growth and an expansion of your network.
- Current enrollment status as a 1st year student toward an MBA degree
- Strong, clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and a natural curiosity for problem solving
- Passion for innovation and ability to drive strategies to completion
- Ability to lead, be nimble, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical capabilities
- Culture fit: our stated values are kindness, collaboration, integrity, creativity and customer focus
- Candidate may elect to work anywhere. Option available to stay in corporate housing near headquarters in Santa Cruz, CA