Job Title Business Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your person al needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The Lead Business Analyst (BA) will partner with the portfolio Product Owner and technology portfolio change team to continuously shape the Partner Finance enterprise backlog in order to maximise benefits delivery.
As a VP you will be responsible for managing less experienced colleagues or contractors within the portfolio BA team and take responsibility for their delivery as well as your own. You will also be expected to support and deputise for the Business Analysis Function lead to manage the recruitment, training and line management of the analysis team for one or more components of the Programme.
As part of a portfolio change team you will be responsible for working closely with Business Stakeholders, project AEs and Product Owners to incept, define and shape incoming change, as well as working with scrum/feature teams who are collectively responsible with the rest of the team for the E2E delivery of high value software.
As a BA you will be expected to produce User Stories, Aceptance Criteria, impact assessments, gap analysis and process flows with minimal support. You will understand the most appropriate approach for any given situation using your experience and knowledge to deliver the required artefacts and support other BAs with the same.
What will you be doing
- Define analysis approach in line with the strategic vision of the programme and the preferred methodology of the organisation.
- Set the team work ethic, dynamic, attitude through effective management, setting an example and acting as a benchmark.
- Provide an aggregate high level view of the combined proposed solutions and ensure alignment with the change solution. Manage interdependencies across projects/programmes and leverage synergies across projects/programmes to maximise return on investment
- Work with end users, customers, clients and 3rd parties to clarify/articulate the future state to support business requirement elicitation , translating requirements into User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Model business processes and champion the business goal - produce wireframes, context diagrams, rich pictures, process maps and other valuable collateral. Support the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
- Deliver change in a controlled way by ensuring all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements and designs
- Build senior stakeholder commitment by providing specialist, objective and analytical insight on all business design and analysis related activity on a change project. Lead/contribute (as appropriate) to Project, Programme and Cluster Level Design Authorities
What we're looking for:
- Experience of supporting change or conducting Business Analysis (preferably in an Agile environment) production of business models and diagrams that visualise the business goal
- Ability to elicit and document User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in a format that makes them clear and concise
- Familiarity with the concept of a Backlog and working within a scrum (or other Agile) team
- A talent for facilitating workshops with clients, stakeholders or other interested parties to clarify business priorities, gather & refine requirements, drive collaboration and secure ownership of identified tasks
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Line management/team leadership experience or experience of matrix management
- Experience of working with and leading teams based in multiple locations
- Experience of working within a complex Financial Services organisation and understanding of the Asset Finance marketplace
- Knowledge of Scrum and/or experience of managing a Kanban system
- Familiarity with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and User Stories
- BCS Business Analysis Certification/ Business Analysis Accreditation(s)
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. 'Be More @ Barclays' represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world
Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 0.00-50.00 Years