Job Title Consulting & General Mgmt
Category Counselors, All Other
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events ! here
About Gartner Sales Operations team:
Global Sales Strategy & Operations (GSSO) is a division within Gartner which encompasses Sales Productivity & Analytics, Territory Planning & Analytics, Sales Processes and Programs, and Sales Communications & Proposals. Our mission is to drive continuous growth by providing tools, technology, analytics and trainings that enable Gartner Sales Associates to sell better and faster. We support more than 5,000 sales associates across 3 salesforces: Gartner Business Sales, Gartner Technology Sales and Gartner Conference Sales (GBS, GTS and GCS). Gartner Sales now sells to every major function across the enterprise.
About this role:
This role will be a part of the Territory Planning & Analytics (TPA) team in GSSO. You will partner with leaders across Gartner's global sales organization to determine where, when and how the company should direct its substantial investment in incremental sales professionals.- The TP&A team enables sales leaders to focus more of their time on developing their teams and driving results.- This role acts as a key advisor to guide strategic and tactical decision-making at the regional and local levels regarding market opportunity, the design of sales territories, and the allocation of existing and potential clients across a sales team to maximize contract value.-
What you'll do:
- Partner with Gartner's sales leaders to define growth needs and design profitable territories that align with corporate sales strategy and guidelines
- Analyze internal and external data to identify trends and characterize market opportunity at various levels (e.g., region, industry, local area, company) to inform the corporate sales strategy
- Provide sales managers with detailed description of respective territories to enable effective communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
- Drive ad hoc analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner's sales leaders and C-level executives
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and growth and help sales leaders achieve growth targets
- Independently and completely own high-complexity analytical projects that entail detailed analysis of -internal and external client, prospect and market data to provide senior sales leaders information and advice to maximize sales revenue
- Facilitate decision-making by modeling potential scenarios related to allocation of sales professionals (both business development and account management executives), current clients and prospects
- Provide sales leaders with detailed analysis of respective territories to enable effective decision-making, communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
- Drive regular and multiple custom data analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner's sales leaders and C-level executives
- Collaborate with TPA managers and leaders to independently and fully support one or more sales regions as described
- Establish and share best practices related to creating and optimizing sales territories
What you'll need:
- 3-5 years of management consulting experience required
- Post-graduation in management and business administration
- Exceptional analytical skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Excel, databases, etc. Analytical skills include running regression analysis, modeling scenarios, testing hypotheses and working with non-conforming data sets, and generating analytical insights etc.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills to enable direct and frequent conversations with senior leaders in Gartner (VP/RVP/SVP/GVP level)
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with and influence senior leaders
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and independently own project from start to finish
Who you are:
- Exceptional record of academic achievements; coursework in business analytics, advanced analytics, and business reporting would be preferred
- Specific work experience related to building business recommendations, business consulting, sales operations, sales analytics, business analytics, business excellence or operations consulting role is a plus
- Advanced proficiency MS Excel and Power Point.
- Original/creative thinking and superior problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and with limited direction; comfort partnering with multiple, senior stakeholders in different geographies
- Detail-oriented and strong commitment to high quality results to serve needs of Gartner clients, internal partners/stakeholders and service delivery teams
- Passion for understanding the customer needs and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong influence skills and ability to build effective partnerships with services groups within Gartner.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
Competitive base salary
Flexible work environment
A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.- Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner's career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link:
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.