Job Title IT Jobs
Category Computer Occupations, All Other
Salary 850,000 INR
Sr. Product Test Specialist
Qualification:Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Test Requirements Study:
- Understand functional specifications document as received from client / onsite.
- Participate in KT calls to understand the requirements.
- Conduct reverse KT with the client / onsite and/or share the document detailing out the business flows to ensure understanding on the same.
- Review the testable requirements, requirements traceability Matrix ,screen flow documents for user interface and functional understanding / use case documents, screen flows to ensure consistency with requirements, test data requirements based on application and process flow as prepared by the Product Analyst.
- Review the test strategy to identify and evaluate tools to be used for this particular assignment.
- Prepare the draft test plan for own module.
Test Strategy and Solution, Test Planning, Design & Development:
- Support senior product specialist in detailing the test strategy.
- (For Mid /Small size project) Prepare Test Strategy document according to the test requirement scope , if required.
- Review the (positive and negative) test scenarios as prepared by the Product Analyst on the basis of Business Test Matrix (BTM) which is in alignment with the requirements.
- Identify and define missing test scenarios during the internal team meeting.
- Seek signoff from client team.
- Review test cases to identify missing test cases as prepared by the Product Analyst.
- Review the test data.
- Post review and signoff from customer, update the requirements traceability.
- Review the critical sections of the test management tools to ensure upload of the test cases.
Test Execution & Closure:
- Perform manual integration testing for critical and high priority test cases as per the application flow on the basis of test cases and data.
- Review the test case execution as done by the Product Analyst to check for the approach, logical flow etc.
- Review defects as raised by Product Analyst to check for validity.
- Identify and raise defects which emerge due to environmental issues.
- Track defects as emerging from critical test case execution (defect log as generated from the QC tool) to closure.
- Participate in the defect triages to gather evidence for valid defect identification on periodic basis for defect prioritisation and fix.
- Allocate defects to Product Analyst.
- Retest the defect and update the status.
- Consolidate defects on a daily basis and share the same with comments to onsite team.
- Share the execution metrics with onsite team which includes state of test cases and # of defects logged and defect status.
- Prepare test summary reports which covers the test execution status and defect status with supporting reasons for missing any goals.
- Review/Create lessons learnt document capturing lessons and challenges faced during execution, if required.
Metrics Analysis & Reporting:
- Create the QA Confidence Factor (covering confidence for each functionality / Business Category, Age of open defects etc) and share the same with onsite team on a daily basis.
- Collate productivity metrics to be shared with Test Lead.
Training & Knowledge Management:
- Identify technical training needs for team.
- Provide product training in specific areas.
Must Have Skills
UG: B.Sc - Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG: Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization