Job Title Business Analyst
Category Business Intelligence Analysts
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the FTI Business Analyst, Virtual Channels group responsible for?
- Responsible for work on projects or parts of programs with moderate complexity. Provides support to at least one business domain or product (business capability). Partners with project teams and business/technical partners to deliver value and achieve business strategies and objectives.
- Drives and delivers business process/problem analysis and recommends solutions. Partners with project teams and consults with various business and technical partners to deliver value and achieve business strategy and objectives.
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- Performs a range of assignments related to discipline.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a FTI Business Analyst?
- Needs Discovery: Articulates the business impact of business problems; identifies measurable business value to ensure business strategies and objectives are realized. Understands business problems and contributes to the translation of business needs into capabilities. Uncovers needs that business partners and end users would not be able to articulate on their own. Manages through ambiguity and resolves conflicts, issues, and risks to remove barriers within the project and team, while continuing momentum.
- Solutions Management: Works with project teams to create and communicate solution vision and prioritizes competing business demands to ensure delivery of business value. Iterates prototypes; co-designs and tests processes of high-value solutions with business and technology partners. Understands technological constraints. Clarifies the business rationale of a solution concept and recommends alternative solutions to a business need. Identifies solution interdependencies and assesses the risk of various solution options, including alternative options. Contributes to solution options and supports business partner decision-making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target outcomes. Partners with project teams to identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise artifacts. Communicates the value of new technologies and the trade offs between various solution options to meet business strategies and objectives.
- Consulting: Works with project teams to understand the tradeoffs to achieving their targeted business outcomes. Adjusts expectations, in accordance with changes in scope, and navigates conflict between multiple business/technical partners. Consults with business/technical partners to streamline work processes and maximize efficiencies to achieve business strategies and objectives. Optimizes prioritization of business needs by influencing business and technology partners' decisions to support iterative business value delivery.
- Communications & Change Management: Communicates effectively and identifies change plans across multiple areas to support project and organizational change objectives. Works with project teams to identify an accurate view of challenges (and ways to mitigate them) to end-user buy-in. Contributes to communities of practices and project community forums. Leverages enterprise- or industry-specific best practices or lessons learned that impact the organization.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Typically has 3-5 years related experience
- Prior experience in Wealth Management domain or relevant investment industry experience
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of storyboarding
- Knowledge of tools like Jira, confluence
- Knowledge in Data and Business Process Analysis
Skills And Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive projects independently
Licenses And Certifications:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - International Institute of Business Analysis
- Certified Business Analysis Professional – IIBA
- Certified Disciplined Agilist - Disciplined Agile Consortium
Problem Solving And Decision Making:
- Escalate issues / concerns in timely manner to the supervisors.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts and results.
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life, and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also covers employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life Insurance for protection of employees families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- Tuition Assistance Program
- HDFC ATM on the campus