Job Title Business Information Expert
Category Business Intelligence Analysts
Salary 673,063 INR (per year)
Job TitleBusiness Information Expert - Idea2Market Platform
About the Organization
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health. Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2018 sales of EUR 18.1 billion and employs approximately 77,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries.
Philips India Limited is a subsidiary of Royal Philips of the Netherlands, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Health Care and Personal Health. Philips has strong Brand Equity and recognized amongst most Innovative Companies globally growing better than industry and gaining market shares across categories.
Job family summary:
Responsible for molding and execution of the Master Data Management- MDM strategy for the designated data domain and IT platform, including the design of physical data models, support of business transformation in data migration, design and implementation of MDM tooling and processes and data quality improvements.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Align business and compliance requirements for information and document the requirements in information models , ensuring end-to-end data model consistency across processes and IT applications. This includes:
- The design and maintenance of both logical and physical data models for master data and transactional data
- The design and implementation of data quality and compliance controls
- The validation of the data model design with BPO/BPE and compliance officers
- Ensuring the correct implementation of the data model in close alignment with IT-Business Analysts’ and Business.
- Managing the change process related to data models.
- The use of standards, templates and tools as defined within Information & Data Management
- Participate or lead networks on data design
- Support and drive the agreements on governance of data impacted in the respective domain/platform.
Actively support the business transformation in data migration preparation and execution. This includes:
- The definition of the physical target data model
- Supporting the business in data cleansing activities
- Participation in Change Control Boards supporting data impact analysis and deployment
- Analysis and Management of Data Sets changes across applications
- Support on Documenting the business and compliance requirements in the Data Requirements Specification (DRS), including the definition of the migration scope, the definition of migration rules, the values mappings and the definition of required data quality levels after migration
Support the implementation of the master data domain roadmap, including the implementation of master data management solutions and processes and including the implementation of data quality and compliance controls. Identifying and promoting continuous improvement opportunities to improve data quality and to drive standardization.
- Good communication skills and strong team player. Ability to effectively present and communicate to different stakeholders (e.g. BPO’s, IT BA’s, business representatives)
- Potential to develop leadership in designated data domain related to I2M, and enabling business processes.
- Broad understanding of business challenges in high tech manufacturing and consumer goods
- Understand the business impact, IT impact and EIM impact of the data and the solution alternatives
- Good knowledge E2E processes and data model, data quality framework, data management operations for the designated data domain
- Good analytical skills and experience in data profiling and analysis; Attention to details and determination to get things done in time and in quality
- Process improvement capabilities (Lean, six sigma)
- Experience with applications in the designated data domain like SAP R3, SAP MDG, Informatica, Salesforce etc.
- Service mind-set, with a focus on process excellence and data quality
Elements to add to the key areas for responsibility. Provide short summary of the job, characterizing it at this grade level. This summary will be visible in workday in the job summary field.
- Typically shares ownership within a platform, of a single large data domain or multiple smaller data domains, end2end, across processes and systems
- Establishes and assures adherence to schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
- Primary duty is to manage self and others through strong individual contribution into data design across multiple projects, programs and continuous improvements and potentially manage individual contributors, generally operating at a senior level.
- Formulates the medium-term policy for his data domain/guild and processes results into a strategic plan. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Typically manages a small team of internal and external resources, mostly via dotted line and influence
Dimensions related to Know-How, Complexity, and Accountability
Dimensions Relating to Know-How: Technical Know-How, Management Breadth, Human Relation Skills
- Has a wide range of experience in the area of data management or related process or IT systems in or more data domains as defined within Philips i.e. customer, vendor, product, finance, HR, compliance, consumer, people etc.
- Distinguished by additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth, as well as record of success in relevant business process/function. Viewed as an expert in the field. May have a leadership role.
- Has expert level knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products/concepts
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
Dimensions Relating to Problem Solving: Thinking environment & Challenge
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, relevant business processes and relevant IT systems
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Able to analyze complex problems and provide data designs/ solutions
Dimensions Relating to Accountability: Freedom to Act, Magnitude, Nature of impact
- This is a management position responsible for managing a part of a business process or function.
- The incumbent’s level may be determined by the size of the geographic area of responsibility (e.g., region vs. district vs. branch), the size or significance of the industry or product segment for which the incumbent is responsible, or other factors
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments. Exercises supervision in terms methods, and staffing.
- Primary duty is managing individual contributors in many different functions
- Dotted line to Business Information Owner
- Straight line into I2M Platform Data Lead
Minimum Education & Training Requirements
Education & Training
- Typically requires a master’s degree in the areas of information management, data management, analytics, computer science, information technology or similar.
- Certification in lean, team management is a plus.
Experience & Background
- 5-10 years of related experience in data management and related areas
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling, data designs, data analysis functions
- 3+ years of experience with relevant business processes or IT systems depending on the data domain, in this case Industrial area (Idea2Market) domain requires experience in portfolio/program/project management, Product Life Cycle Management, product and industrial processes.
- 3+ years of experience in leading teams and people
- Experience in managing global projects and teams in a matrix organization
- Experience in Source to Target mapping, Data modeling, Data migration, data cleansing etc.
- Certified consultant in domain specific platform relevant systems and modules e.g. SAP, PTC Windchill, Planisware, etc... is a plus.
- Experience with data quality systems, e.g. Trillium, IDQ is a plus
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.