Job Title Business Analyst
Category Business Intelligence Analysts
Job Title: Business Analyst
· Work with the Project/Programme Manager and stakeholders to identify and quantify business analysis related activity on a project/programme from initial scoping, requirements gathering, testing, target operating models, business readiness and implementation.
· The initial project that this role will be aligned to is a key strategic project aiming to re-platform our existing Trade and Working Capital (TWC) technology solutions including migration of our existing clients and products to the new solutions
What will you be doing?
· To manage specific Business Analysis workstream(s) on the Trade Platform Replacement programme, a Trade and Working Capital major business change programme, and to provide specialist, objective analytical insight based on work completed by Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) on the project/programme.
· Planning and execution of analysis tasks to make the change happen in a large organisation
· To assess, design, develop and implement new business processes, systems, products and services that are the deliverables from a strategic business change project as part of an overall strategic business change programme.
· Complete a complex and diverse range of tasks against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
· Actively contribute and champion the development of the change delivery process and Agile Methodologies.
· To initiate, formulate and present recommendations based on analysis in order to influence the decisions made by Project Management, Business Architect function and Key Stakeholders.
· Own and direct specific deliverables within the Business Analysis workstream(s).
· Provide support to the project Business Analysts, Project Managers and Business Architect.
· Be a part of the professional development of the wider TWC Business Analysis community.
· Be responsible for your own professional development needs.
· Take a lead in implementing best practices for business analysis in an agile environment
What we’re looking for:
· BA skills/experience
· Worked on large/global and complex projects
· Worked in Banking industry, with a good understanding of Trade & Working Capital business domain
· Requirement gathering / User Story writing
· Strong Stakeholder management
· Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at all levels and build sustainable relationships, including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
· Strong Data Analysis skills, experience in Data Migration analysis and Systems Integration work.
· Strong understanding and experience on common technology aspects used in today’s applications- Database Management System / Java / Infrastructure understanding / On Premise vs Cloud platforms working mechanisms / System integration mechanisms. Ability to analyse and articulate requirements for both non-technical and technical audience.
· Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly pressurised support environment
· Ability to prioritise the right things, focussing activity on the tasks that enable outcomes and managing and planning information effectively
· Strong analytical skills and logical thinking for managing issues in a high-pressure environment
· Process / design mapping
· Experience of working within a System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile project environment (Agile Central, JIRA, Confluence)
· Business Readiness activities including Target Operating Model, Training support, Operational Impact Assessments
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Industry standard BA qualification
· Understanding of BA methodologies
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more- as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home. Barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.